Just like Final Cut Pro, Keynote; iMessage is one of the best messaging apps that are only available to Apple devices. iMessage is natively compatible with only iPhone, iPad, iMac and Mac laptop, and Desktops. iMessage is packed with a tonne of features, like P2P money transfer, gif support, digital touch ID, Animoji support and superior encryption this makes iMessage undoubtedly the messaging app on the market. But unfortunately, it doesn’t work on multiple platforms. But there are certain ways by which we can install iMessage for Windows. Let’s dig a little bit deeper and learn how we can use iMessage for Windows.
- 1 What is iMessage for Windows?
- 2 How to Install iMessage for Windows?
- 3 Install iMessage for Windows via iOS emulator
- 4 Setup iMessage for Windows via Google Chrome
- 5 iMessage for Windows known issues
- 6 iMessage for Windows features and Benefits
- 7 iMessage for Windows Alternatives
What is iMessage for Windows?
iMessage is a messaging app for Apple devices that enables users to share messages, images, videos and a lot more. As iMessage is not available for any other platform except Apple devices we are going to talk about the installation, the benefits, and the features that iMessage for Windows offers us.
As of now, there is no straightforward or easy way to install iMessage for Windows, but with slight tweaking, we can use the service on our Windows PC.
We’ll also guide you on how you can create your free Apple ID, let’s get started.
How to Install iMessage for Windows?
A lot of internet sources that claim to give you the best solution for installing iMessage for Windows, but you’ll start beating your head against the wall when you’ll find out that none of them works.
We’ll provide you with the best solution so that you can use iMessage with ease.
Install iMessage for Windows via iOS emulator
iOS-based emulator enables you to play and run all the apps that are made for iOS devices with ease. iPadian is amongst the best iPod/iPhone/iPad apps emulator that is available for Windows devices. Here is how you can make the best use of the iPadian emulator.
- Download the emulator from the official website on your Windows PC.
- To make sure, everything works smoothly, download and install iTunes suite from Apple’s website.
- Now, double-click on the file that you’ve just downloaded and let the installation complete. Try hitting the ‘Next’ button and follow the instructions to agree to all the license agreements.
- Now after the program has been installed make sure to Run iPadian with Administrator rights while you are running it for the very first time.
- During the initial setup, you’ll be asked to Sign in with your Apple ID and password. The UI is similar to any iOS device that you might have used earlier.
- Look for the iMessage option that is built-in the iPadian program, launch it, and you are good to go.
How to create a free Apple ID? (for new users)
There are some people who want to use their iOS devices to the maximal but fails because they don’t own Apple ID. The sole reason for this is that creating one needs you to enter in your credit/debit card details and let’s face it; nobody is interested in giving away such details when you know you are not going to but anything.
So, here is how it is done;
- Download and install iTunes software from Apple’s website.
- As iTunes installation is also required for the proper functioning of the iPadian program, it is imperative that you’ve it installed already on your PC.
- Now, head over to ‘iTunes Store’ and look for any free song, video or app. Make sure it is available for FREE.
- Now, click on ‘Get’ and it’ll show that you are not logged in. You’ll now take to creating an Apple ID for you.
- While creating the ID, make sure to check the ‘Free’ option under the payments section.
- Voila! Your free Apple ID is generated.
Setup iMessage for Windows via Google Chrome
So, there is one more alternative method to install iMessage on your Windows PC.
For this method to work properly, you need to have a Macbook with iMessage previously installed, and then from there, we can install iMessage for Windows. Here is how it can be done;
- Make sure to install Google Chrome on both the systems, Macbook and Windows PC.
- Now, open the Chrome web browser on both the systems and install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- This will enable users to connect our Windows to Macbook remotely.
- Now, after the installation, you’ll get keys to connect the computers.
- Make sure to use the code and connect both the computers, with Macbook being the one that is presenting its screen to Windows PC.
- You’ll get access to the Macbook via Windows PC, from there you can remotely manage it.
- Next, open iMessage on your MacBook via Windows PC and this way you can keep using it.
Note- this method requires your Macbook to be kept ON as turning it OFF will disable you to use iMessage for Windows.
iMessage for Windows known issues
As both the methods aren’t perfect, there are a few problems that may creep in a while using iMessage for Windows. Here are some, with their fix;
Connection lost (Google Remote Desktop)
Make sure that both the systems are connected to the internet and internet is working fine.
If the problem persists, disconnect the internet and shut down the Remote Desktop Client on both the systems.
Reconnect both the systems via the same method.
iPadian fails to open (Program Crashes)
Try running iPadian with Administrator rights.
Sometimes the installation directory may become corrupt, try uninstalling the program, followed by restarting your system.
Now reinstall the iPadian program again from scratch and follow the initial setup protocols to get iMessage for Windows working.
iMessage connectivity issues
Sometimes because of poor internet bandwidth, there may be a chance that your messages won’t get delivered in time.
To fix this, make sure that your internet is working fine.
Disconnect and reconnect again to the internet,
Try to close any other background program that may be hogging up your internet bandwidth.
iMessage for Windows features and Benefits
With every update, some new features are added to iMessage client. Here are a few that you must try;
- Bubble effect
- Different style layout for every iMessage conversation.
- Four bubble effects;
- Invisible Ink
- Special Screen effects
Just like the bubble effect there are some more effects that you can apply to the iMessage conversations, here are some;
- Shooting star
- Handwritten note
iMessage for Windows also gives you the ability to add a handwritten note so that you can personalize your message as per your needs.
- Draw on photos
You can also make use of the draw tool to doodle on the photos. This comes handy when explaining something on a screenshot you just took.
iMessage for Windows Alternatives
So, there are some apps that can also be used instead of iMessage. They are similar to iMessage in a lot of ways, but iMessage still outruns all because of its intuitive design, the ease of communication and customizations that it offers. Here are some worthy mentions that you can give a try too;
- WhatsApp messenger
- Hike Messenger
- Facebook Messenger
- BBM (Blackberry and Android)
- Kik Messenger
- Google Allo